Welcome to the Grindstone Nutrition family! We’re so excited that you’ve taken this step and we can’t wait to see your progress and growth over the next six months. This blog is going to detail some important next steps and give you a little closer look at what your next 26 weeks will entail.
- Check Your Email: Make sure you check your email. Within the next 24 hours, you’re going to get your meal plan and macro-nutrient breakdown emailed to you.
- Download the “MyFitnessPal” App: Your next step is to download the MyFitnessPal app on your phone if you haven’t already. Once you get their premium edition, you can plug your macronutrient and calorie goals in, based on the numbers your coach emailed you.
- Check out your “My Grindstone” page: If you’re reading this blog, hopefully you’ve already found your My Grindstone page. Check back here frequently because every week your page will populate with 4 new blogs for the week. This will give you food education, mindfulness tips and tricks, wellness information, and tips for self-care through this program.
The Daily Grind
Here are your steps for a day-in-the-life with Grindstone.
- Track Your Food: Your other blogs this week will go into more detail about how to log your food, but each day you will enter all of the food you eat into your MyFitnessPal Diary. Your goal is to hit your macro-nutrient goal with 5 grams of each macro every single day.
- Weigh In: Each day you’re going to weigh yourself and record your weight in MyFitnessPal or your preferred tracking method. We believe that a daily weigh in will give us a more accurate picture of what’s going on than a random snapshot once a week.
- Check-in Weekly: On the website, there is a tab called “My Coach.” Under this menu, you can select “Weekly Check-in.” This is your time to contact your coach, ask questions, and tell your coach how you’re feeling. Within 24 hours, your coach will respond with answers, suggestions, and tips. Don’t worry, we’ll send you an email each week to remind you to check in.
- Submit Monthly Progress Pictures: In the same section of the website as your weekly check-in, you’ll find a monthly photo check-in. Once a month, your weekly check-in will include progress pictures, just like the ones you took when you registered for Grindstone. We know that a picture says a lot more than the scale ever will and we want to celebrate your progress with you!