Grindstone Supplies: The Must Have List
At this point, you hopefully have your MyFitnessPal app set up and are anxiously awaiting (or have already received) your meal plan from your coach. This post is going to give you a short list of essentials that you will not want to live without for the next 6 months.
- Food Scale: You’re going to be weighing everything you eat while you’re on this program, so a food scale is an essential item you’ll need. They come in all different models and price points, but a simple one like this will do the trick.
- Bodyweight scale: You’re going to be weighing yourself each day so that we can get an average weight for the week. Don’t worry, we don’t want you to get hung up on the numbers, we just need an accurate metric to track your progress. We’ve found that an average weight is more accurate than a random snapshot of your weight on one given day. Try to weigh yourself around the same time every day. You can log your weight right in your MyFitnessPal app for easy tracking.
- MyFitnessPal App On Your Phone: We use MyFitnessPal specifically, for a number of reasons. This app has a HUGE database of food and a barcode scanner that makes tracking your food much simpler. It also allows you to add your coach as a “friend” so that we can see your food journal and help you sort out details and struggles.
- Bioimpedance Scale: This one is optional, but if you’re interested in tracking your body fat percentage, you can buy an impedance and test yourself once a week during one of your daily weigh-ins. Here’s an example of an inexpensive one that we like:
- OMRON MONITOR
- Positive Attitude and Willingness to “Put your nose to the Grindstone”: Put in the work and the results will come. We’ll help you every step of the way, but the more work you put in, the quicker you’ll see the results you want. Be patient with yourself, speak kindly in the mirror, and watch your body change before your eyes.